miércoles, 7 de mayo de 2014

Exercices OUGHT TO

Modals of Advice 1 - Should, Ought to, Had Better

Choose the best modal for each sentence.

  1. A: I'm so hot.
    B: You _________________ your coat!
    1.   should to take off
    2.   should put on
    3.   should take off
  2. Dave loves chocolate, but he _________________ too much or he will get fat.
    1.   shouldn't eat
    2.   should eat not
    3.   should eat
  3. My mother isn't feeling well, so I told her that she _______________ to the doctor.
    1.   ought
    2.   ought to go
    3.   ought go
  4. I need help, doctor. My baby doesn't sleep well. What ________________ ?
    1.   I should do
    2.   should I do
    3.   had I better do
  5. I'm going to visit your country. Where _______________ if I want to go shopping?
    1.   should I go
    2.   I should go
    3.   ought to I go
  6. A: I think that the grade my teacher gave me on my test is wrong.
    B: Really? You ______________ to her after class today.
    1.   should to talk
    2.   ought to talk
    3.   ought talk
  7. The airline only allows two pieces of luggage. You _________________ pack too much or you will have to take it out at the airport!
    1.   better not
    2.   had not better
    3.   had better not
  8. It's raining and I don't want to get my dress wet. I _________________ an umbrella.
    1.   had better to bring
    2.   had better not bring
    3.   had better bring

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario